Blogger photo LeelouBlogsfreesocialiconsbloggerblue_zpsfb51e41d.png Facebook photo LeelouBlogsfreesocialiconsFacebookblue_zpsf88e9892.png Instagram photo LeelouBlogsfreesocialiconsInstagramblue_zps969c2a1e.png Pinterest photo LeelouBlogsfreesocialiconsPinterestblue_zpsda56303e.png

Friday, April 12, 2013

What Started It All...red bluff, ca. wedding photographer


Last summer I was asked by my co-worker Wendy to shoot her wedding. She had seen some of my pictures on my personal facebook page and thought maybe I'd be interested. Do you think I jumped at the chance? Oh heck no, LOL! I actually told her no several times. Luckily she was insistent and wouldn't take no for an answer. She put her full faith in me and I finally said OK. Boy am I happy I did. I have been on a journey ever since then. Reading everything I can about photography, taking my camera EVERYWHERE so I can practice, and buying way too much equipment, LOL! That one request changed my life because I found my passion. I found what I want to doing with my life, even if I never make any money at it.

The previous years before this I had been in a very dark place and quite frankly lost. I had to make a change and fast. A friend of mine told me about the tri-community photo program in Covina, CA and I decided to check it out. I attended one class with her and I was hooked. I needed to enroll ASAP. They have an amazing program and I highly recommend it to ANYONE wanting to learn how to use a camera or learn about photography! Unfortunately after one semester my husband and I decided we needed to move closer to family in Northern California. I had a job waiting for me working as a caregiver for adults living with developmental disabilities so my photography took a back seat. Even though I was now a full time employee, I continued to use my camera and teach myself the craft in my spare time. When Wendy asked me to do her wedding I never planned on going the business route but that's where I am headed. I am excited and scared but I have faith. In addition to being the mother of two beautiful children I know this is what I was meant to do. I found my purpose and it is an amazing feeling!

Wendy and her husband Chris are now expecting their first child and I will be shooting her maternity photos here in a couple of days. I am so excited for them. Thank you Wendy for having faith in me you will never know how much it means to me!

Here are the pics from her wedding:

Getting ready for her big day.
   

One of the flower girls. This is her niece.

The details.
     
      
     
  

     

  

Wendy is Native American on her mother's side and this is her aunt blessing the ceremony. Her aunt was also who married them.
   

The ceremony.
     
 
      

   






   

   


Time to party hardy!

      

   

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment